1) Open the MENU, select MAINTENANCE SETTING and select DESCALING CYCLE.
2) Press OK to confirm that you want to start the descaling cycle.
3) Take out the water tank. Pour the entire bottle of Saeco descaling solution in the water tank.
4) Top up the water tank with fresh tap water to the MAX line. (Please ensure that the max line is reached, otherwise further rinsing will be required.) Place the water tank back into the machine.
5) Press “OK” to confirm.
Descale instructions - descale cycle steps 6-7
6) Open the service door and empty the drip tray and the coffee grounds drawer. Put them back in position.
7) Press “OK” to confirm.
Descale instructions - descale cycle steps 8-10
8) Fill the carafe halfway with fresh water and insert it into the machine.
9) Put the milk carafe dispenser in the brewing position. Press OK to confirm.
10) Place a bowl underneath the milk carafe dispenser and the dispensing spout. Press OK to confirm.
Descale instructions - descale cycle steps 11-12
11) The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at intervals. This takes about 20 minutes.
12) When the message “RINSE THE WATER TANK AND FILL WITH FRESH WATER” appears, the mixture of descaling solution and water has been used up.
Descale instructions - rinsing cycle steps 13-14
13) Rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh water up to the MAX level. Press OK to confirm.
14) Empty the internal drip tray and place it back. Press OK to confirm.
Descale instructions - rinsing cycle steps 15-17
15) Empty the milk carafe and fill it halfway again with fresh water, and then insert the carafe into the machine. Place the milk carafe dispenser into the brewing position. Press OK to confirm.
16) Empty the bowl and place it back. Press OK to confirm.
17) The machine starts the rinsing cycle.
Descale instructions - rinsing cycle steps 18-21
18) When the amount of water needed for the rinse cycle has been completely dispensed, the machine is ready.
Important note: If the machine displays a second or third request to “RINSE THE WATER TANK AND FILL WITH FRESH WATER”, you did not fill the water tank up to MAX level. Refill the water tank up to MAX level and perform another rinsing cycle.
19) Empty the internal drip tray and place it back.
20) Empty and clean the milk carafe.
21) The machine is now ready for use.