With integrated Wi-Fi in your Philips TV, you can access a world of content with Smart TV wirelessly at home.
Rent films directly on your TV from online video shops, watch catch-up TV from your favourite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Net TV. You can also browse the open Internet.
Control your TV in the easiest and most convenient way. Just connect a wireless keyboard or use your smart phone or tablet to control your Smart TV.
Record live digital TV on a USB connected to your Philips TV or pause content whenever you want to take a break and continue watching whenever you want. Use the Electronic Programme Guide to find your favourite programmes and easily schedule your preferred recordings. Now you can programme your TV viewing around your life.
With Wi-Fi smart screen* you're no longer tied to your sofa, but free to watch any digital broadcast TV content wherever you like at home. Just download the Philips MyRemote App and push to move the programme from your TV to your iPad to continue watching. You can also, push photos, videos or music from your smart devices onto the big screen. This is true freedom for your viewing experience!
Add a new dimension to your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra 2. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen by projecting a glow of light from 2 sides of the back of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the colour and brightness of the light to match the TV picture. Thanks to the wall-adaptive function, the colour of the light is perfect, regardless of your wall colour.
Easy 3D Clarity 700 is the most comfortable 3D to watch. The passive 3D technology ensures you get long hours of comfort while watching flicker-free and low-ghosting 3D on your Philips TV. The 3D glasses are stylish and lightweight and do not require batteries. You can even convert any 2D content into vivid and flawless 3D. Enjoy 3D easily at home today!
Watch your entire movie collection in vivid and flawless 3D — even old black-and-white classics. Philips offers real-time high-quality conversion of any 2D content at the push of a button. It ensures that subtitles are shown at a constant depth and that there are no errors such as the background appearing in the foreground.
Everyone perceives 3D differently. This is why Philips offers you the possibility to customise the 3D depth level to your personal liking. The unique 3D depth adjustment allows you to choose the image depth that best suits the content on-screen and your personal preference. This also makes it more comfortable for your eyes. Now you can fully enjoy the 3D experience.
Pixel Precise HD builds on the award winning Pixel Plus foundation. It brings the high definition picture quality to the next level with 4 trillion colours. With Super Resolution, Pixel Precise HD now brings you the best HD TV picture quality whether you are watching a video from the Internet or good quality Blu-ray movies.
400 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action movies. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, HD Natural Motion and unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness.
Add a new dimension to your calls and share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are. With Skype™ on your TV, make voice and video calls from your living room. Just plug in the optional Philips TV camera (PTA317/00) to your TV and enjoy excellent video and sound quality from the comfort of your sofa.
With Philips Two Player Full Screen Gaming glasses (PTA436/00), your TV can deliver the ultimate Two Player Full Screen Gaming experience. In 2D two-player games, each gamer usually sees his game on half the screen. Using 3D technology, each player can now enjoy the game in 2D in full screen at the same time.
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services available in your country.
* USB recording is only possible for digital channels covered by the TV IP bases Electronic Programme Guide (country and channel restrictions may apply); recordings may be limited by broadcast copy protection (CI+). An Internet connection is required.
* Wi-Fi smart screen available via software update in autumn 2012
* DivX Certified® to play DivX® video up to HD 1080p, including premium content.
* Skype camera is sold separately
* Parents should monitor their children during 3D viewing and ensure they do not experience any discomfort as mentioned above. Watching 3D is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as their visual system is not fully developed yet.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscription are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* Energy consumption in kWh per year based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
* 8 days EPG, service not available in all countries
* In Nordic countries, the TV provides limited support for subtitles while recording TV programmes.