Ambilight Spectra XL, a new Ambilight for more immersion
Expand your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra XL. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen more than ever before by projecting a glow of light from the back of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the colour and brightness of the light to match the TV picture. Thanks to the wall-adaptive function, the colour of the light is perfect, regardless of your wall colour.
Full HD TV and Perfect Pixel HD Engine for unrivalled clarity
Experience unrivalled sharpness and clarity with Perfect Pixel HD Engine. Each pixel of the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels. The result is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colours, superior contrast and smooth natural motion. Clean and razor sharp images come from artefact and noise detection and reduction in all content sources. The Full HD screen with 1920x1080 pixels produces brilliant flicker-free pictures with superb brightness.
Bright Pro for true to life brightness
Experience the thrill of images with true to life brightness and blazing contrast with Bright Pro. Building on Philips award winning LED Pro, it enables a boosted light output for sections of the image, while maintaining ink-black dark sections. This provides both the unparalleled brightness, while the advanced, smart processing achieves up to 50% less energy use.
1200 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) for superb motion sharpness
1200 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action films. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, Perfect Natural Motion and unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness
A wealth of online apps, videos to rent and catch-up TV
Rent films directly on your TV from online video shops, watch catch-up TV from your favourite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Net TV. You can also browse the open Internet.
Control the TV with your smart phone, tablet or keyboard
Control your TV in the easiest and most convenient way. Just connect a wireless keyboard or use your smart phone or tablet to control your Smart TV.
Integrated Wi-Fi to use Net TV apps and SimplyShare wireless
Enjoy films, pictures, infotainment and other online content directly on your TV wirelessly. Simply connect the TV to your wireless home network with the easy wizard. Navigate the apps using the TV remote control and select from the rich offer of apps.
3D Max for a truly immersive Full HD 3D experience
Be enthralled by 3D movies in your own living room with the 3D Max. The combination of the fast display and Active shutter glasses bring real life depth in Full HD resolution. Now all 2D content can be experienced in 3D and you can even control the depth of the 3D to your liking. Just add the 3D Max glasses PTA516 and a 3D compatible BluRay player to make your TV ready for the 3D Max experience.
Moth Eye for highest image contrast and lowest reflection
Moth Eye is inspired by the perfection of natural evolution by using special nanostructures as found in moths' eyes. Known as the most perfect anti-reflective surface, they help the moth to hide from predators. These extraordinary properties extend the image contrast by deepening the blackness of dark tones, while increasing the lightness of bright elements without halos or reflections. Enjoy a true-to-life contrast with incredibly brilliant detail.
FULL HD LED Pro for the world's most vivid 3D images
Full HD LED Pro delivers extreme contrast and the world's most vivid 3D images. Enjoy breathtaking pictures and use up to 50% less energy with Philips award winning LED Pro! In the thin display backlight, over 1000 LEDs generate the brightest white as well as the deepest black. Combined with the powerful Perfect Pixel HD Engine, the result is a stunning picture with extreme contrast, sharpness and vibrant colours.
40 W SoundStage for a dynamic, powerful sound in an ultra slim TV
Philips SoundStage with 40 W RMS output power is far more dynamic and powerful than anything heard on LCD TVs today. Now we can combine an ultra thin design with powerful TV sound. The TV stand houses an advanced ultra-thin speaker system. It combines deep, warm bass with excellent clarity. Also, in the wall-mount position you can enjoy the excellent sound experience, thanks to advanced processing corrections. Enjoy great sound and a thin design.
With DLNA, enjoy photos, music and movies on your TV
Share photos, music and movies through DLNA from your smartphone, tablet or computer and enjoy them on the big screen.
Find, schedule, record* and pause TV
Record live digital TV on a USB connected to your Philips TV or pause content whenever you want to take a break and continue watching whenever you want. Use the Electronic Programme Guide to find your favourite programmes and easily schedule your preferred recordings. Now you can programme your TV viewing around your life.
* 3D TV requires Accessory PTA516 (Active shutter glasses), a 3D compatible source device and 3D source material.
* 3D Max two player gaming is only supported by 3D Max TVs with the following set types: 58pfl9956, 46pfl9706, 37pfl9606, 52pfl9606, 46pfl8686, 40pfl8606, 46pfl8606, _pfl5507 (Eu), _pfl7007 (Eu), _pfl8007 (Eu), _pfl9x07
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services available in your country.
* Wi-Fi Media connect: The playback of video can be affected by your PC speed and Wi-Fi bandwidth. For minimum and recommended system requirements go to www.philips.com/wifimediaconnect. Displays content with a delay of some seconds. Small differences between image and sound can occur.
* Parents should monitor their children during 3D viewing and ensure they do not experience any discomfort as mentioned above. Watching 3D is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as their visual system is not fully developed yet.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscription are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* 8 days EPG, service not available in all countries
* USB recording is only possible for digital channels covered by the TV IP bases Electronic Programme Guide (country and channel restrictions may apply); recordings may be limited by broadcast copy protection (CI+). An Internet connection is required.
* Energy consumption in kWh per year based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
* This television contains lead only in certain parts or components where no technology alternatives exist in accordance with existing exemption clauses under the RoHS Directive.
* ISF and IMAGING SCIENCE FOUNDATION are Trade Marks owned by Isf Research Labs Llc Limited Liability Company
* For 2D games only.
* Ensure that the game console is connected to the HDMI connector of the TV.