Add a new dimension to your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra 3. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen by projecting a glow of light, on the 3 sides of the TV, from the back of the screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the colour and brightness of the light to match the picture, creating an immersive viewing experience. The wall-adaptive function ensures that the colour of the light always matches the picture, no matter what the colour of your wall is. Get the bigger picture with Ambilight.
Experience unrivalled sharpness and clarity with Perfect Pixel HD Engine. Each pixel of the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels, for a more natural picture. The result is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colours, superior contrast and smooth natural motion whatever you are watching. Clean and razor sharp images result from artefact and noise detection and reduction in all content sources - from multimedia to standard TV. The Full HD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels produces brilliant flicker-free progressive scan pictures with superb brightness.
Enjoy breathtaking pictures and use up to 50% less energy with Philips' award-winning LED Pro! Over 1000 LEDs are operated selectively in a grid as a backlight for the display. They generate brilliant light in bright image areas, and are dimmed completely in dark areas, saving energy. Combined with the powerful Perfect Pixel HD Engine, the result is a stunning picture with extreme contrast, sharpness and vibrant colour. With LED Pro black is black and white is bright.
Enjoy extreme motion sharpness. The Philips 200 Hz Clear LCD brings the response time of LCD TV to an incredible 1ms, so even with the fastest car chase scene you will be enthralled by the action, and not following a stretched car across the screen.
Enjoy the action without any judder. Perfect Natural Motion estimates motion in the picture and corrects juddering movements in both broadcast and pre-recorded movie material (including 1080p movies and 24p True Cinema on Blu-ray and DVD). The result is even smoother and quieter pictures with excellent sharpness. Enjoy motion performance that surpasses cinema quality!
Feel the power of the music beat and the atmosphere of the movies. The powerful 20 W RMS (2 x 10 W RMS) amplifiers create a lifelike soundstage. The Incredible Surround Sound allows you to experience total surround with greater depth and width of sound. It gives a clear and spacious sound stage complementary to the rich viewing experience.
Share your videos and pictures from your laptop on the TV wirelessly. Once installed on your laptop operation is very easy. With a click of your mouse, you project your laptop screen onto the large TV screen. For your own enjoyment, and great fun to share with others.
Experience a rich selection of online services with Net TV. Enjoy movies, pictures, infotainment and other online content directly on your TV whenever you like. Simply connect your home theatre directly to your home network through the Ethernet connection, and navigate and select what you want to watch with the remote control. The Philips menu gives you access to popular Net TV services fitted for your TV screen. Additionally, with the DLNA certified PC network you can watch videos or access pictures stored on your computer using your remote control.
Online Premium video stores and TV shows on Demand
Enjoy Premium movies directly to your TV from online video stores. From the greatest romantic classics to fast action movies, it's all there at a push of a button from the comfort of your sofa. Video store offers an overwhelming collection of movies and series, ranging from the hottest new releases to the invaluable classics. Free yourselves from fixed programme timeslots, and watch what you like, when you like. Never miss your favourite programme again! Catch up TV offers the replay of TV series or programmes. Conditions and offers vary per country or broadcaster.
* 200 Hz Clear LCD displays 200 scenes per second by combining advanced 100 Hz technology with scanning backlight @ 50% duty cycle.
* 8 days EPG, service not available in all countries
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services available in your country.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscription are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* Wi-Fi Media connect: The playback of video can be affected by your PC speed and Wi-Fi bandwidth. For minimum and recommended system requirements go to www.philips.com/wifimediaconnect. Displays content with a delay of some seconds. Small differences between image and sound can occur.
* Typical on-mode power consumption measured according to IEC62087 Ed 2.
* Annual energy consumption is calculated using the typical power consumption of 4 hours per day, 365 days per year.
* This television contains lead only in certain parts or components where no technology alternatives exist in accordance with existing exemption clauses under the RoHS Directive.