To arrange an interview with Graham on his involvement with the Philips Fidelio campaign, please contact:
Mary Oladapo (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 0207 611 3504
Tristan Harrison (email@example.com) on 0207 611 3536
Alternatively, please contact the Philips UK Press Office at LON-Philips@ketchumpleon.com or Philips PR Manager, Tina Withington on Tina.Withington@philips.com
NOTES TO EDITORS:
The Philips Fidelio range has added the following seven new products, with the Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi speakers enabling you to stream music direct from a mobile device – no need to turn on your computer!
- The Philips Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi speaker AW9000 is built for true sound purists who expect nothing but precision from their music. Delivering high-powered audio and bringing every song to life with the ultimate stereo imaging. It has 100W power drivers, angled speakers and eight Hi-Fi drivers. The largest set of speakers in the range, it provides the best sound quality and features an iconic design crafted from premium materials; it will take pride of place in any room or can be wall mounted for flexible positioning.
Price: £499.99 available from John Lewis
- The Philips Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi speaker AW5000 combines 50W power, angled speakers and four Hi-Fi drivers wirelessly delivering crystal clear audio and filling the biggest rooms with a wide booming sound. Large woofers and high power output mean the AW5000 provides an immersive listening experience, as it streams music from all your devices, meaning you can listen to your entire music collection, from any source, at any time, in any room.
Price: £299.99 available from John Lewis
- The Philips Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi speaker AW3000 is a compact speaker, which despite its size still releases booming, crystal-clear, wall-to-wall sound. Supported by 20W power, this angled unit combines four Hi-Fi drivers delivering sound in different directions to fill any room in your home. Supported by the same wireless technology as the wider range, you can listen to your music from your smartphone, tablet, MAC, PC or from music services on the internet. All this is available through the AirStudio App, giving you all the music in the world streamed into your home without the need for any wires.
Price: £199.99 available from John Lewis
- The Philips Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi Receiver AW2000 is for those happy with their speakers but who desire wireless control as it lets you connect your existing speakers to your wireless system. The Hi-Fi grade amplifier delivers 2x50W RMS power output and a Class-D digital amplifier, for enhanced sound quality. With the AW2000 you can wirelessly stream all your music from your Smartphone, Tablet, PC/Mac, Internet, at the touch of a button.
Price: £249.99 available from John Lewis from September 2012
- The Philips Fidelio Wireless Hi-Fi Link AW1000 lets you upgrade your existing stereo or home theatre system into a wireless Hi-Fi system. This means you can stream music from your smartphone, tablet, PC or MAC wirelessly and play them through your stereo or home theatre system. You also have access to internet radio and sound services giving you unlimited music in perfect clarity, controlled by your smartphone or tablet.
Price: £149.99 available from John Lewis from September 2012
- The Philips Fidelio M1 headphones have been crafted for durability and long-lasting comfort, meaning you can enjoy your music for hours on end. Deluxe memory foam ear-pads, made from breathable materials, are designed to disperse pressure and heat build-up so that they not only sound brilliant but feel exceptional too. The lightweight design is thanks to the carefully selected materials, such as an aluminium hinge and real leather headband which make these headphones both durable and comfortable allowing you to enjoy the best sound in the best way possible.
Price: £179.99 available from John Lewis
- The Limited Edition Philips Fidelio SoundSphere Wireless speaker with AirPlay DS9860W is restricted to an exclusive 500 units. The new Limited Edition Philips Fidelio SoundSphere Wireless speaker is made from natural wood which provides superb acoustics, reducing cabinet vibrations and producing pristine, crisp sound. The premium finish and design can be seen by the seventy-two pieces of wood grain that give the high end look and feel that add class to any room. SoundCurve technology, with the Fidelio’s curved back design, creates a highly effective acoustic structure for sound reproduction, dramatically reducing internal resonance and eliminating the vibration and distortion of sound.
Price: £999.99 available from John Lewis
- The Philips Fidelio Primo docking speaker DS9100 has been given a makeover for 2012. The bass port has been re-designed to reduce turbulence noise so it provides a pure and clean bass. Secondly, bi-amplification with active crossover has been introduced for clearer voice presence and vocals, better sound balance, and defined instrument separation. Both of these advances make the Primo sound better even at the highest of volumes. Now with Apple AirPlay, the Fidelio Primo is connected to your home Wi-Fi network, so you can listen to your music on your iPod® or iPhone® without having to dock your device. It can even sync to your iTunes® library, giving you song after song in perfect clarity. The wooden design has been handcrafted from natural materials giving it an iconic design that fits seamlessly into your home whilst boosting the audio reproduction with Philips SoundCurve technology.
Price: £499.99 available from John Lewis from August 2012
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “sense and simplicity.” Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 122,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 22.6 billion in 2011, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter
About Graham Coxon
Graham Coxon is a singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and painter. He came to prominence as the lead guitarist, backing vocalist and occasional lead vocalist of rock band Blur, and is also a critically acclaimed solo artist, having recorded eight solo albums. His artistic and musical contribution is featured on all seven of Blur's studio albums, from 1991's Leisure to 2003's Think Tank. Although credited as a songwriter on most Blur tracks, his most significant lyrical contributions appeared on the hit singles "Tender" and "Coffee & TV"; a number of tracks in the band's catalogue were also penned mainly by Coxon. The cover of 1999's 13 was designed by Coxon.
Of Coxon's eight solo albums, four of them were recorded while a member of the band. Coxon is capable of playing several other instruments, besides guitar, and is famous for recording his albums single-handedly, without much help from session musicians. An innovative lead guitarist. Other notable British guitarists such as Jonny Greenwood and Noel Gallagher have lauded Coxon's musicality and talent, with the latter calling him "the most gifted guitarist of his generation”..