- You have the right to access your personal data. This means that you can ask us for copies of or information about the personal data that we process about you.
- You have the right to rectify your personal data. This means that, if you think that the personal data we process about you is inaccurate, you can ask us to rectify or correct it. If you want us to rectify your personal data, please tell us what you believe is inaccurate and explain to us how we should correct it.
- You have the right to delete your personal data. This means that you can ask us to erase the personal data that we process about you. Keep in mind that there might be cases (for example, when we are legally obliged to keep your personal data) where we may not be able to erase your personal data.
- You have the right to data portability. This means that you can ask us to transfer the information about you (that you have directly given to us) to another organization, or give it to you. Keep in mind that this right only applies in certain circumstances (for example, if we are processing your personal data with automated means and based on your consent).
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data. This means that, in certain circumstances, you can ask us to limit the way we use your personal data.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. This means that, in certain circumstances, you can object to the processing of your personal data, as carried out by us.
Keep in mind that there may be situations where we are entitled to deny or restrict your privacy rights, for example, when it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend Philips from legal claims or when your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character.
At Philips, we aim to give you control over your personal data. Therefore, depending on the activity, you can control your personal data and exercise your privacy rights and choices by yourself, for example by logging in to your Philips account and updating, modifying or deleting your personal data or by unsubscribing to our promotional communications by means of the unsubscribe button (link) included at the bottom of our promotional communications.
In all other cases, to exercises your privacy rights, to submit a privacy complaint or to contact our Data Protection Officer, you can contact us following our privacy contact form.
We will do our best to address your request in time and free of charge. In certain cases, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on your request. Of course, if you are not happy with how we have handled your request, you can make a complaint to the supervisory authority competent for your country or region.