1. Entry to the prize draw is open only to persons of 18 years or over at the time of entry who are residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and excludes employees and their immediate families of Philips Electronics UK Limited, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, Tesco Ltd or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
2. Only one entry per person per day. For the avoidance of doubt only one mobile number will be accepted per person.
3. Entrants will require internet access to the promotional website.
Promotional Period and Entry Instructions.
4. Entry to the promotion closes at 23:59:59 on 25th December 2016.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. To enter entrants must text the words PHILIPS WIN to 80800.
7. All entries successfully submitted will receive a bounceback message confirming receipt of the entry SMS. which is the only proof of receipt of entry by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any text entries that fail to be received for any reason whatsoever.
8. Entrants are advised to take care when entering the text code and entry details and ensure they include the space, which is mandatory; the promoter is not responsible for mistypes. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions will be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, spelling mistakes will be disqualified. Capital letters or lowercase will both be accepted.
9. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Promotion. Persistent abuse of the entry process will result in immediate disqualification without notification.
10. There is one prize of a one-week holiday for two adults (one of which to be the entrant) to Dubai. The prize includes the following:
- Travel to and from the winner’s home to the designated departure airport
- Standard return flights for two from the UK to Dubai
- Private return airport taxi transfers
- 7 nights at the 4* Wyndham Dubai Marina
– Room Superior/Double
– Breakfast each Morning
- Day trip to Abu Dhabi including transport and guided tours
– Explore the landmark monuments and cutting-edge architecture of Abu Dhabi
– Visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
– Abu Dhabi Marina Mall
- £450 Shopping Allowance at the Dubai Mall
- A Hammam and massage experience at Dubai’s Spa Cordon for two
- 2 x Adult Admission to One Dubai or Abu Amusement Park of Choice
– Return Private Transfer to Amusement Park
- Dinner for two at Popular Play Restaurant
- 2 x Adult Admission to Burj Khalifa*
- Evening Boat Ride
– Fountain Show and Lake Ride by Traditional Boat in Dubai
- £200 spending money to cover taxis or transport to these events although some are within walking distance
Travel insurance is not provided and will be at the winners and/or their guest’s expense.
11. The winner and their guest must hold an up to date passport which is valid for at least 6 months after the date of travel. Depending on passport requirements and nationality it may also be required to obtain a visa to visit UAE so please ensure all requirements are known.
12. It is responsibility of the winner and their guest to cover all other costs and expenses and to ensure they have all the necessary compliance with all travel and health requirements for entry in to the UAE
13. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to cover any expenses associated with extending or enhancing the trip.
14. The prize must be taken within a 12-month period following winner confirmation avoiding and excluding the following periods- Christmas and the New Year period (between 24th Dec and 2nd Jan) and UK Public holidays.
15. Cash alternatives are not offered in respect of any prizes unless in exceptional circumstances and then only when separately agreed in writing.
16. The winner will be selected at random from all genuine valid prize draw entries received within the promotional period via an independently verified, randomized computer process on 4th January 2017.
17. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter on 4th January 2017 via the mobile number used to enter the promotion to validate and obtain details of the winner (including but not limited to: confirmation of age and address of the winner, obtaining details of the guest who will accompany them (the “Guest”) and additional information of both travellers for any DBS checks). Once all these relevant details have been received and everything processed for both parties all details with then be passed to the appointed [travel] agent to discuss with the winner the date and final details of the trip and then provide booking confirmation.
18. All winners must confirm acceptance of their prize prior to final booking.
19. If after these reasonable efforts to contact the winner, no response is received within 21 days, or they reject the prize or if they are disqualified, then the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement from such persons with no liability, and they will forfeit the prize. Any unclaimed prizes, those rejected or disqualified prizes will be allocated to a reserve winner drawn at the same time as the original winner and the process above will be followed.
20. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide their correct, up-to-date details in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter or its travel agent cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance.
21. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all promotional matters.
22. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity without additional compensation; however reasonable expenses will be paid for provided the prior written consent of Philips Electronics UK Limited is obtained.
23. Name and county of the prize winner shall be made available to entrants on receipt of a written request enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Philips Centre, Guildford Business Park, Guildford, Surrey GU2 8XG, United Kingdom within 3 months of the promotional close date.
24. No correspondence, except for notification of prizes, shall be entered into.
25. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, outside the Promoter's reasonable control, Philips reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
26. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
27. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- Any entries/claims that are lost or delayed due to faulty, failed or erroneous electronic data transmissions.
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of this promotion causing delays or disruption.
- For entries /claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- any material harm or non-pecuniary damage caused to the entrants, their computer equipment and the data stored on it or for the consequences thereof on their personal or business activities.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet
28. The Promoter will undertake reasonable further due diligence checks for the winner that will include verification of various personal details via a confidential background check (DBS) and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to ensure that any Entrant will not bring the Promoter or any Philips brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the promotion as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter is not satisfied of the above in relation to any Entrant following such due diligence and / or DBS checks as it may have carried out in accordance with Rule 28, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such Entrant.
30. The Promoter will collect personal information for the purpose of administering this promotion. In administering this promotion any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current country data protection legislation and, other than in connection with the running of this promotion, validation of the data and any administration of the prize, will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent
31. The promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and any disputes as to the meaning or interpretation of such will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
32. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.