Frequently Asked Questions
When do I have to descale the SENSEO?
Descale the SENSEO when the CALC light goes on. You can also descale the SENSEO coffee machine more often, but at least every 3 months.
The CALC light goes on after you have brewed approx. 400 cups of coffee.
The light will only go out after you have completed the whole descaling procedure.
It is not possible to switch off the CALC light in any other way.
Reasons to descale:
- It prolongs the life of your SENSEO coffee machine.
- It ensures maximum cup volume.
- It ensures maximum coffee temperature.
- The machine produces less noise during brewing.
- It prevents malfunctioning.
Use the correct descaling agent:
Only citric acid-based descalers are suitable for descaling the SENSEO machine. This type of descaler descales the machine without damaging it.
Philips has developed a special descaler for SENSEO machines: HD7012 and HD7011.
The special descaler can be bought on the Online shop or from your retailer.