SENSEO® Viva Café Coffee pod machine HD7820/69 New Generation Raven black
My SENSEO coffee machine is leaking.
If you notice coffee/water leaking from your SENSEO machine, please try to establish in which area the machine is leaking.
This is important, as the solution depends on where the leakage occurs.
Where does the leakage occur?
Near the spout/brew head.
Near the bottom of the water tank or under the machine.
1) Leakage near the coffee spout/brew head.
1) The sieve in the centre of the pod holder is clogged. Unclog the sieve in the centre of the pod holder by holding the pod holder under a running tap. If necessary, use a washing-up brush or clean it in the dishwasher.
If the sieve is still clogged, place the pod holder in a citric acid descale solution and let it soak for 30 minutes.
2) The coffee spout, coffee collector and pod holder are dirty or clogged up. All parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher or with warm water.
3) The coffee pod(s) are not placed correctly. The ground coffee inside the coffee pods needs to be evenly distributed.
Place the pods with the convex side pointing downwards in the centre of the pod holder.
2) Leakage near the bottom of the water reservoir or under the machine.
1) There is too much water in the water reservoir. Do not fill the water reservoir beyond the maximum level indicated.
2) The water reservoir was placed back too roughly. If the water reservoir is put back onto the machine too roughly, water may splash out of the reservoir.