Yes, regular descaling prevents damage to the appliance.
In case of product not working because of wrong/insufficient descaling, any malfunction will not be covered by the guarantee.
For descaling please:
- Make sure the appliance is switched off and unplugged.
- Add one sachet of citric acid (10g) to 200ml of warm water. Alternatively you can use a solution of 150 ml water and 50 ml of white vinegar (8%)
- Fill the water tank with the descaling solution. (by using the measuring cup- do not fill in the water into the water tank directly from the water tap)
- The jar (without food inside) needs to be in the steaming position.
- Plug the device back in and turn the control knob to the steaming position. The steaming light lights up orange to indicate that the appliance is steaming.
- Switch off the appliance after 5 - 6 min of steaming and unplug it. (so that approx. 150ml water remains in the water tank)
- Pour the used solution of the water tank.
- Rinse the tank thoroughly with fresh water several times.
- Fill the tank with 200ml water and run two complete steaming cycle with an empty jar (until the appliance switches off automatically) before you use the appliance again.
Be sure to leave 10 minutes in between each steaming session.
- Check, if the water tank is completely empty from water and leave the filling opening open to avoid bacterial growth.