1) Place a cloth over the ironing board; the cleaning process will stain the cloth
2) Fill the water tank to the MAX mark
3) Power-up the iron and set Temperature on Iron to the One dot position
4) Wait for iron to heat up till it is READY to enable the steaming function
5) Iron the clothing in a forward-backward motion while activating the steam trigger
Note: You might hear a gurgling noise, and a combination of steam and water will flush out of the soleplate. Loose scale in brownish water will wash out.
6) Continue until all scale is washed out and water from the iron appears clean
7) Switch off and unplug the steam generator from the mains; wipe dry the soleplate