8600 series 4K Quantum Dot LED TV powered by Android TV
139 cm (55"), 4K Ultra-HD LED TV, Quad Core, 16 GB & expandable, DVB T/C/T2/T2-HD/S/S2 55PUS8602/05
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if an issue with one or more channels occurs? [DVB-S signal]
One of the following occurs with DVB-S (Satellite) channels:
• One or more channels are missing
• No channels are found
• Error message “No signal” appears when a channel is selected
• The picture shown is blurry or has cubes of pixels (macro-blocks)
• The sound drops
• It takes a long time to switch channels
• A black screen is shown, the picture and sound are not visible
• A coloured screen is shown when switching channels
• the source “Watch TV” is selected
• The TV has been updated with the latest software
The internal tuner of the TV stores the channel list that is provided by the broadcaster (TV channel provider) via the DVB-S signal (satellite). A list of channels is delivered on a unique frequency within the signal. When TV channels via a DVB-S signal (satellite) are installed on the TV, a consistent signal quality and signal strength are required to ensure that the TV to optimally show these channels.
1. Avoid signal loss
The broadcast signal can be weakened by external factors. Take the following precautions:
• Avoid the cable to pass close to electronic equipment. Electronic devices can cause interference of the signal.
• Use a shielded cable to avoid signal loss.
• Connect the coax cable from the entry point in the house directly to the TV. If a direct signal (without the use of splitters, a recorder or set-top box) is stronger and of a higher quality, the signal loss was caused by external equipment.
2. Measure the incoming DVB-S signal
A strong and consistent broadcast signal will enable the TV to show broadcasts flawlessly.
Note: The higher the signal strength and signal quality, the less likely it is to experience picture and sound issues.
Multiple measurements are recommended to verify if the incoming signal is on a consistent level.
● Select the channel on which an issue occurs
● When on a TV channel, press the “OPTIONS” button on the Philips remote control. For Android TVs select: [Preferences] > [Channel Info]
For all other models, select: [Channel Info]
The signal quality and signal strength of the incoming signal for that specific channel is shown.
3. Missing channels or issues on specific channels
If channels are missing or an issue occurs on specific channels, update the channel list as follows:
Update the channels (Option 1)
Press the “Home” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [Setup] > [Search for satellite] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [All settings] > [Satellite Installation] > [Search for satellite] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control and select: [All settings] > [Channels] > [Satellite installation] > [Search for satellite]> [Update Channels]
Reinstall the channels (Option 2)
Remove the CI+ module from the TV’s CAM port (if applicable).
To re-install DVB-S channels press “Home” on the remote control of the TV and select: