1. Wash less (or more). Washing too much can strip the hair of its natural oils, so most hair stylists will say it’s enough to wash your hair two to three times a week, maximum. Pick up a dry shampoo spray for in-between days.
2. Keep the shower warm, not hot. If you usually like your showers scalding hot, it’s time to make a change. Too much hot water can dry out or frazzle your beautiful hair, so keep it cool(er).
3. Apply shampoo to your roots, conditioner to your ends. One of the cardinal rules of keeping hair healthy. Massage shampoo into your scalp to improve circulation, leaving the ends. Smooth in conditioner from the mid-lengths down to the tips.
4. Pat your hair dry before applying conditioner. When your hair is soaked, there’s less room for all that nourishing conditioner.
5. Press your wet hair with a towel to dry it – or better yet, a t-shirt. Towels can be somewhat rough on hair. Drying your hair gently, with a softer cloth, will help keep it strong and split-end free.
6. Treat your hair. Heat, cold, air pollution, dyes, rough treatment … there are a lot of things that can strip away your hair’s natural shine. If you’re wondering how to get beautiful hair and dryness is an issue, top it up with a nourishing mask once a month. You can even make your own at home.