Mulligatawny | Philips Chef Recipes
This mulligatawny is a delicious meal in itself. It gets even better after a day in the fridge.
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 0 minutes, Cooking time: 23 minutes
- 20 g fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g celery sticks
- 50 g carrots
- 50 g chopped onions
- 150 g mango or apple
- 200 g chicken breast
- 50 g rice
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 630 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- pepper & salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 ml yoghurt, chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Chop the celery and carrot in bite-sized pieces. Peel and stone the mango or thinly slice the apple. Cut the chicken into 2cm chunks.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the lemon juice and garnishes, into the soup maker. Close the lid and choose the chunky soup program.
- When the soup is ready, open the lid and stir in the lemon juice. Divide the soup over bowls and finish with a dollop of yoghurt and some chopped coriander leaves.