- 30 minutes treatment per plaque
- Wearable blue light therapy
- Clinically proven efficacy
- Without chemicals or cortisone
FREE standard delivery min. spend £30
Practical. Get great results without disrupting your day to day life.
Thanks to the innovative design of the small battery-powered device, you can benefit from clinically proven Blue LED Light Therapy while following your normal daily routines.* Just follow three easy steps and get on with your life: Attach Philips BlueControl to your arm or leg with the textile fixation strap. Press the button to start treatment. Treat daily for 30 minutes per plaque. Experience Blue LED Light Therapy and get effective relief from plaque psoriasis symptoms such as redness, scaling and thickness without the use of chemical substances or the potential risk of UV radiation.
Gentle. Be kind to your skin while treating plaque psoriasis
Blue LED Light Therapy is UV-free and safe for your skin.* This gentle alternative offers effective relief without any additional ointments or medication. The blue LED light of Philips BlueControl induces natural relief processes in your skin. It helps control rapid cell proliferation and inflammation and helps your skin to regenerate at normal speed - providing relief from plaque psoriasis symptoms such as redness, scaling and thickness.* Philips BlueControl is UV-free and chemical-free - studies confirm that the blue LED light in Philips BlueControl is not harmful to your skin.*
- Philips BlueControl is an EU CE-marked class IIa medical device for the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. The device is currently not available outside the EU. Before altering prescribed medication or using the device, patients should consult their physician and read the user manual. August 2017.
- Irradiation with blue light reduces the production of skin cells - Liebmann J, Born M, Kolb-Bachofen MV. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2010; 130: 259-269.
- Irradiation with blue light reduces the production of skin cells — Liebmann J, Born M, Kolb-Bachofen MV. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2010; 130: 259–269.
- Blue light induces anti-inflammatory processes — Fischer M et al. Experimental Dermatology. 2013; 22: 554–563.
- Blue light induces anti-inflammatory processes - Fischer Metal. Experimental Dermatology. 2013; 22: 554-563.
- Over 12 weeks of treatment the plaque symptoms were reduced for 84% of the patients. For some patients the blue light even cleared their treated plaque completely - Pfaff S et al. Dermatology 2015; 231: 24 - 34
Effective. Experience the change in psoriasis therapy.
Successfully challenge your psoriasis with this innovative device. Simply treat your plaques for 30 minutes per day for at least four weeks and you should notice a significant improvement.* Blue LED Light Therapy with Philips BlueControl helps your skin to renew itself properly by slowing the accelerated production of skin cells.* Philips BlueControl stimulates the natural relief process of the skin and therefore improves plaque symptoms like scaling and redness. Its effectiveness is clinically proven.*
|Charger||With UK and EU plug|
|Storage option||Hardshell carry case|
|Frequency||50 - 60 Hz|
|Type of lamps||LED|
|Power consumption||5 W|
|Battery type||Lithium ION|
|Operating time (full to empty)||Up to 4 treatments|
|CE 0344 Certified||Yes|
|UV-free||No UV or near UV radiation|
|Optical output classification||Risk Group 1 (EN 60601-2-57)|
200 mW/cm² (peak)
40 mW/cm² (average)
|Max. daily dose||90 J/cm² per plaque|
|Medical device class IIa||Yes|
|Country of Origin||The Netherlands|
|Efficacy shown in trials||Clinically proven|
|Product dimensions||W/H/L: 77 x 23 x 125 mm|
|Product weight||165 grams|
|Small, compact design||Yes|
|Power adapters (EU and UK)||Yes|
|Strap design||Grey and blue|
|Treatment time||30 minutes per psoriasis plaque|
|90-day money back guarantee||Yes|
|Warranty||2-year limited warranty|