1. To shape your abdominal hair, use the Philips Bodygroom PRO. Work first in the direction of the hair growth and then against the direction of hair growth for a closer shave. Before you start grooming your hair, consider whether you want a hard line or a natural gradation between the shaved and not-shaved areas.
2. To enhance the shape of your abdominal hair roughly mark out the desired outline using a pen. With time, you’ll be able to freehand, but as symmetry is key here, a guideline can be helpful.
3. Groom the large areas first. When you reach the outline of the treasure trail, using a trimmer designed for body grooming like the Philips Bodygroom PRO. Shave towards the treasure trail boundary in short, light strokes. Try to avoid a hard line, instead flick the wrist up so hair length is graduated.
4. Use the five adjustable length settings of the trimmer to naturally graduate your abdominal hair as you get lower.
5. Using a longer setting on the trimmer, neaten up the edges of your hair by trimming the remaining hairs so they are an inch or so long.
6. Rinse with cool water, pat dry with a soft towel and finally apply a light, unscented lotion.
Following the treasure trail
The treasure trail divides opinion. Those who have them often don’t want them and those who don’t, do. Express yourself by getting the treasure trail look that’s right for you. Do remember to consider how your treasure trail look will work with the rest of your body grooming look.