The 2010 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Carolopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) Guidelines for Resuscitation 2010 emphasize the importance of high-quality chest compres-sions.5.6 In JUly 2013. the American Heart Association released a consensus statement Identifying five cntical components of high-quality CPR. However, studies have demonstrated that improvement is needed In GI-re qualtty of chest compressions, as well as the rate and depth, to help improve the patient's chance of survival and increase the opportunity for a complete neurological recovery.7,8
1. Wik, L, Steen, PA Bircher, NG. Quality of Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Influences Outcome After Prehospetal Cardiac Arrest. R suscietron.1994.195-203.
2. Ko PC, Chen W. Un C. et al. Evaluative the Quality of Prehospltal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation by Reviewing Automated External Defibrillator Records and Survival for Out-of-Hospital Witnessed Arrests. Resuscitation. 2005;64:163-169.
3. Abell& BS. Sandbo N. Vassilatos P. et al. Chest Compression Rates Curing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are Suboptimal — A PrOspeCtive Study During In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Circulation. 2005:111:428-434.
4. Abella, BS, Alvarado JP. Myklebust I-1, et al. Quality of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation During In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. JAMA. 2005.293(3) 305-310.
5. Travers AH. Rea TO, Bobrow B.1, et al. Part 4: CPR Overview: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation. 2010;122:S676-S604.
6. Abella BS, Sandbo N Vassilatos P. et al. Chest Compression Rates During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are Suboptimal — A Prospective Study During In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Circulation. 2005;111:428-434.
7. Abella, BS, Sandbo N. Vassilatos R et al. Chest Compression Rates During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are Suboptimal — A Prospective Study During In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Circulation 2005:m428-434
8. Abella, BS, Alvarado JP, Myklebust H, et aL Quality of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation During In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest JAMA. 2005,293(3)305-310.