1) For the best cleaning results, make sure that the coffee bean containers are empty.
2) Press the on/off button on the front of the appliance to switch off the appliance.
3) Open the filter basket holder and place a paper filter (type 1x4 or no. 4) in it. Ground coffee residue that comes out of the appliance during cleaning are collected in this paper filter.
4) Close the filter basket holder.
5) Insert the flat end of the cleaning brush handle into the lock of the coffee bean chute and press it down to open the lid of the coffee bean chute.
6) To make sure that all ground coffee residue is removed from the appliance, press and hold:(see picture below)
DUO bean HD7762, HD7766 the strength select button for 4 seconds
SINGLE bean HD7761, HD7765 the grinder clean button for 4 seconds
The grinder starts to run for a few seconds to clean itself.
7) When the grinder has stopped running, use the cleaning brush to brush ground coffee residue into the lower part of the chute.
8) The ground coffee residue falls into the filter.
9) Close the lid of the coffee bean chute.
10) Remove the paper filter with the ground coffee residue and throw it away.