Spicy fish with green beans and fennel | Philips Chef Recipes
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 6 minutes, Cooking time: 24 minutes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 200 g haricots verts or young French beans, halved
- 200 g peas, shelled (fresh or frozen)
- 3 small tomatoes on a branch
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 thick fish fillets, each about 100-125 g (pike-perch, cod, tilapia)
- 3 dessertspoons dry vermouth
- Cut off the green leaves of the fennel bulb and chop them finely. Halve the bulb and cut the halves into slices. Mix the fennel slices together with the beans, peas and finely choppedgreens in basket 3. Set the timer to 10 minutes, press the ‘start-stop’ button and steam the vegetables until they are tender but still crisp.
- Quarter the tomatoes and remove the juice with the seeds. Cut the flesh into small cubes. Grind the peppercorns in a mortar together with the coriander and cumin seeds into a coarse powder. Mix three-quarters of this mixture in with the tomato cubes.
- Rub salt into the fish fillets, place them in basket 2 and spoon the tomato cubes on top. Spoon the rest of the spices into the flavour booster and pour in the vermouth. Place basket 2 underneath basket 3. Turn the dial to the ‘fish’ setting, switch on the Gentle Steam and set the timer to 14 minutes. Press start and steam the fish fillets until just done. Steam the fillets for a further 2-4 minutes if necessary.
- Serve the vegetables on warmed plates and arrange the fish fillets andtomato on top.