Garlic ciabatta with mozzarella and fresh pesto | Philips Chef Recipes
A classic combination
Servings 4 persons, Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 25 g fresh basil leaves
- 25 g pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 balls (buffalo) mozzarella
- Put the basil leaves, pine nuts and 1 clove of garlic in the chopper accessory of the hand blender. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and blend. 'Add a little more olive oil if necessary to get the right consistency, then add the cheese and blend again.
- Thickly slice the ciabatta and place under the grill until golden brown. Remove from the oven and rub with the rest of the garlic while the bread is still warm.
- Top bread with slices of mozzarella and a little pesto. Serve warm.
- 15 minutes total preparation time