Almond soup with cèpe mushrooms | Philips Chef Recipes
Rich and luscious
Servings 4 persons, Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 100 g almonds, peeled
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 slices stale white bread, crumbled
- 750 ml chicken stock (from a cube)
- 250 ml white wine
- 200 g cèpe mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- - food processor with knife accessory
- Roast the almonds in a frying pan for 3-4 minutes and leave to cool.
- Fry the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until they turn opaque (make sure they don’t colour, so the soup will be a nice light yellow). Add the bread and almonds to the pan, fry them for a few minutes, then leave to cool slightly.
- Place the knife accessory in the food processor before adding the almonds along with 50 ml chicken stock. Purée the almonds, then spoon into a heavy-bottomed soup pan. Add the rest of the stock and the wine, bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the sliced cèpes on both sides until brown and crisp, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in deep plates with the sliced cèpes and sprinkle with parsley.
- 45 minutes preparation time