Philips take pride in the recipes that are selected to be paired up with our range of kitchen appliances. See our recipe for Chilled spring onion soup with blue cheese here.
Servings 4 Persons, Preparation time 30 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 g potatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 100 ml cream
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g blue cheese (for example gorgonzola)
- Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them for 15-20 minutes in the chicken stock. Clean and chop up the spring onions. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the spring onions over a high heat until they turn golden brown, then season to taste. Leave to cool for a few minutes (liquid shouldn’t exceed 80°C).
- Purée the potatoes with the stock and the spring onions in the blender on MAX for at least 1 minute. Add the chilled cream during blending to make the soup silky smooth. Leave to cool for at least 2 hours; this soup is served cold.
- Stir well before serving and season to taste. Sprinkle with the chives and crumble over the blue cheese.
- 30 minutes preparation time + 2 hours in the fridge