When the keg is at room temperature (about 23°C), it takes approximately 12 - 15 hours to chill the beer. The appliance should only be used at a temperature between 3°C and 32°C. At higher ambient temperatures chilling the keg will take longer. When the temperature displayed is green, the beer has the ideal temperature. If you want to start pouring beer shortly after placing the keg in the appliance, pre-chill the keg in the fridge for a while before installing it.
During extremely hot days the temperature shown on the display could go to or stay in red (5°C and higher). The cooling capacity during hot weather is sufficient to cool the beer, however, the ideal temperature may not be reached due to the high temperature of the surroundings.
The following tips may help to reach a beer temperature of 3-4°C as closely as possible:
- During hot days, put the appliance in a cooler place
- Do not expose the appliance to direct sunlight
- Leave at least 10 cm free space behind and on both sides of the appliance.
- Make sure the doors are closed properly
- Check if the fan outlet at the back of the appliance is free from dust and/or other particles
- Pre-chill the keg in the fridge for a few hours before installing it
If the problem continues to occur, please contact the PerfectDraft call centre in your country: for Belgium and Luxembourg +32 (0)78-250159, for Germany 01801-324000, for the Netherlands 0900-2224222.
When you contact us please have available:
- The exact model number of the appliance (HD36xx)
- The serial number of your appliance (you find it on the bottom of the appliance)
- The expiry date of the keg
- The production number of the keg (number under the expiry date)