Rack of lamb with a pine nut and herb crust | Philips Chef Recipes
Sophisticated and simple to prepare
- 100 g pine nuts
- 1 orange
- 25 g parsley
- 25 g basil
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 lamb racks (8 ribs each), at room temperature
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- - food processor with knife accessory
- Roast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes until golden and leave to cool. Clean the orange and grate 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Place the knife accessory in the food processor before adding the pine nuts, orange zest, parsley, basil, bread crumbs, egg and salt and pepper to taste. This mixture can be made one day in advance and stored in the fridge until use.
- Pre-heat the oven to 225 ºC. Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in the frying pan and brown the lamb racks for 1-2 minutes.
- Take the meat out of the pan, place it in an oven dish with the bones pointing upward and cover it on both sides with the pine nut and herb mixture.
- Take them out of the oven and leave for 10 minutes before carving. Delicious with green beans and roast potatoes.
- 35 minutes preparation time (+ 10 minutes resting)