Unblock the coffee funnel with a spoon handle and clean with a vacuum cleaner
- Switch the machine OFF and wait until you hear no more sounds (this can take up to 15-20 seconds).
- Remove the brew group.
- Open the lid of the pre-ground coffee funnel and place the spoon handle into the funnel.
Note: if there is no pre-ground coffee funnel, insert the spoon handle into the coffee funnel from below
- Move the handle up and down until the clogged ground coffee falls down. Note: Some force may be required.
- Remove all fallen ground coffee with a vacuum cleaner.
- Then put the vacuum cleaner on the outlet of the coffee funnel and cover the pre-ground coffee funnel with your hand. Or vice versa, put the vacuum cleaner on the top and cover the bottom.
- Put the brew group back, switch the machine back on and brew an espresso.
- After brewing, check if the funnel is still free from ground coffee. If not, repeat the unblocking procedure.
To prevent the coffee funnel from getting blocked:
- Do not pour/spill any water into the coffee bean container
- Clean the coffee funnel weekly