There can be several reasons why the steam function does not work (properly):
- You have not put sufficient water in the water tank.
- There is too much scale in the water tank. For descaling the water tank please refer to the instruction on user manual - Cleaning and maintenance
- After one steaming cycle, the device needs about 10 minutes to cool down until a new steaming cycle can be started. Try again after 10 minutes.
- Make sure you have positioned the jar in the right way (steaming position).
- If the steam function is still not working it could be that the safety switch is defect. Please contact the Philips Consumer Care Team in your country.