Mother's Day cake | Philips Chef Recipes
A delicious Mother's Day cake created in the Philips Airfryer. Surprise your mother, wife or grandmother with this delicious cake!
- For the sponge:
- 150 g sugar
- 150 g flour, sifted
- 5 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 700 ml whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 7 egg yolks
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 80 g cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Red food coloring
- Red and white love heart candies
- 4 fresh strawberries
- First we make the sponge cake. This recipe is for a 22 cm tin. It's best to bake the dough without the basket or on the grill pan.
- Put the sugar, eggs and salt in a bowl. Mix at the highest speed for 10 minutes. Spoon the flour little by little into the airy mixture. Grease the spring form, spoon in the mixture and bake at 155 degrees for 25 minutes. The sponge cake is ready when golden brown in color and it springs back after touching.
- To make the yellow cream, slice open the first vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds. Put the milk in a pan and add the vanilla pod and seeds. Bring the milk slowly to the boil. Turn the heat down low and let the vanilla infuse the milk.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar until creamy. Then carefully spoon in the corn starch. Remove the vanilla pod from the milk and remove the pan from the heat. Add a little of the hot milk to the egg mixture and stir well. Pour it in the remaining milk and bring to the boil, stirring. Let it cook gently for 5 minutes and keep stirring so the cream doesn't burn. Sieve the cream, leave to cool and set aside in the refrigerator. Tip: place a piece of plastic wrap over it to stop a yellow skin from forming.