Blanquette de veau | Philips Chef Recipes
Beautifully tender veal in a rich and creamy sauce.
Servings: 5 persons, Preparation time: 30 minutes, Cooking Time: 100 minutes
- 1.2 kilograms of shoulder or brisket of veal
- 1 carrot
- 2 leeks
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon
- 300 grams of mushrooms
- 75 millilitre of dry white wine
- 100 millilitre of cream
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 70 grams of butter
- Peel the carrot, shallots and onions.
- Chop the onion, leeks, carrots, shallots, garlic and celery (½ 5 mm cubes, ½ in 5 x 5 x 20 mm sticks).
- Set the timer to 12 minutes at 250°C and bring 2 litres of water to the boil.
- Remove the stirrer and add the meat and blanche (whiten the meat) it for 3 minutes at 250°C .
- Rinse the meat under cold water and discard the cooking water.
- Clean the pan, and assemble together with the stirrer.
- Add 30 g butter, sliced mushrooms and a few drops of lemon into the pan and set for 7 minutes at 175°C, then remove the mushrooms.
- Add the meat, the chopped onions, leek, carrots, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, white wine, celery and bouquet garni.
- Add water until the meat and vegetables are covered.
- Set the temperature at 130°C for 60 minutes (cover with lid), then remove bouquet garni.
- Add 40 g butter into a separate pan and sprinkle it with the flour to make a roux. Add a few spoons of broth.
- Add the roux into the HomeCooker and cook it for 3 minutes at 130°C
- Add the vegetable sticks and mushrooms and set the time for 15 minutes at 130°C.
- Before serving, stir in the cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Finish with chopped parsley.
- Chef’s tip: To make it an elegant all white affair, you can replace the orange carrots and the brown mushrooms with kohirabi and parsnips.