In this classic Thai chicken soup the flavourful ingredients create a refreshing soup.
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time: 23 minutes
- 25 g sliced fresh ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 100 g sliced mushrooms
- 150 g chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tbsp juice of lime, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Thai curry paste (spicy)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 800 ml chicken broth
- Cut the lemon grass into 4 cm pieces. Cut the chicken in small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients into the Soup maker with the chicken on top.
- Close the lid and choose the Chunky soup program.
- When the soup is ready, divide the soup over bowls and finish with fresh herb leaves.
- Chef’s tip: The coconut milk balances the flavours in this soup nicely, but leaving it out also works well.