I cannot remove the brew group from my Philips Espresso Machine
Updated on 2022-06-17
Not able to remove the brew group from your Philips Espresso Machine? Check out the below causes and solutions for assistance.
The brew group gear is not in neutral position
- Follow the instructions below for how to set the brew group gear inside the machine to the neutral position:
1. Close the service door and place everything back (water tank/ drip tray/ coffee grounds container).
2. Press the ON/OFF button to switch OFF the machine. Wait until you hear no more sounds (this can take up to 15-20 seconds).
3. Press the ON/OFF button to switch the machine ON. Do not take any actions such as opening the service door or removing the drip tray/water tank before the machine is ready for use.
4. Open the service door and try to remove the brew group again by pressing the "PUSH" button to the right-hand side, holding it and pulling it towards you
Machine in descaling mode
- If your espresso machine is in descaling mode, the brew group cannot be removed. To solve this, finish the descaling process first and try again.
If these solutions do not solve the issue, please contact us for further assistance.