The sweet side of pepper
This easy-to-make delicious combination of rice and peppers is rich in Vitamin C and can be served in a variety of different ways.
Makes about 260ml Approx. 4 portions (60g/portion),
Steaming time: Approx. 15 minutes
- Leek: 1/2 stalk (Approx. 20g)
- Courgette: 1/4 small (Approx. 40g)
- Red bell peppers: 1/2 medium (Approx. 40g)
- Tomato: 1 medium (Approx. 140g)
- Well cooked rice: 140g per portion
- Wash the vegetables then slice the tomato and the red bell pepper in half and deseed. Cut the vegetables into about 1 cm size cubes.
- Remove the lid of the jar and put all of the ingredients into the jar. Replace and lock the lid in the right position.
- Remove the lid of the water tank and pour water into the tank until it reaches the “10/15 min” level.
- Replace and lock the lid in the right position. Press to lock the jar in the steam position.
- Set the steam time to 15 minutes. It will start steaming and stop automatically after 15 minutes.
- Turn the steam button back to the “OFF” position.
- Flip the jar over.
- Place it on the main unit then rotate it clockwise and lock it in the blend position.
- Blend 2 or 3 times for 15 seconds each, until the desired consistency is reached. Food for older children should be chunkier to encourage chewing.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool before serving 1 portion with about 140g of cooked rice.
Chef’s tip: High in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps the body to produce collagen, linked to the normal healthy function of the blood vessels, bones, cartilage, skin, teeth and gums. Serve with meat or fish purée. Serve the sauce with cooked pasta, rice or another staple food of your choice. Storage: Suitable for freezing