Most TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9 (or 1.78:1) and a resolution of 1080p Full HD. However, Hollywood blockbusters are usually filmed in 2.39:1 aspect ratio. Philips new Cinema 21:9 TVs perfectly match the original movie format used by directors with a 21:9 (2.39:1) aspect ratio. So no matter which movie, you can now watch it in its original aspect ratio and without the black bars.
The Ultra wide screen of the Cinema 21:9 is the ideal screen to enjoy a world of connectivity in a comfortable way. With Multi-view, while watching football on the left-hand side of the screen, you can simultaneously browse the Internet on the right side, or chat on Twitter. With Philips Net TV, top online content and services are available at the touch of a button: Video on demand, catch up TV, Twitter and many more! A Net TV window can be opened next to the TV, or the TV can be combined with another video device. The small screen can easily be swapped with your main activity to keep you in control.
On the Cinema 21:9, you can watch any type of content just the way you want. While watching your favourite TV programme, the Unique Smart formatting technology can automatically adapt any content to the 21:9 screen or you can choose to watch it in its original format. At the push of a button, the choice is yours!
Add a new dimension to your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra 3. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen by projecting a glow of light from 3 sides of the back of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the colour and brightness of the light to match the TV picture. Thanks to the wall-adaptive function, the colour of the light is perfect, regardless of your wall colour.
Be enthralled by 3D movies in your own living room with the 3D Max. The combination of the fast display and Active shutter glasses bring real-life depth in Full HD resolution. Now all 2D content can be experienced in 3D and you can even control the depth of the 3D to your liking. Your TV is ready for the 3D Max experience by adding the 3D Max glasses PTA516 and a 3D compatible Blu-ray player (Accessory Philips PTA516 sold separately).
Experience unrivalled sharpness and clarity with Perfect Pixel HD Engine. Each pixel of the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels. The result is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colours, superior contrast and smooth natural motion. Clean and razor sharp images come from artefact and noise detection and reduction in all content sources. The Full HD screen with 1920x1080 pixels produces brilliant flicker-free pictures with superb brightness.
Rent films directly on your TV from online video shops, watch catch-up TV from your favourite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Net TV. You can also browse the open Internet.
Full HD LED Pro delivers extreme contrast and the world's most vivid 3D images. Enjoy breathtaking pictures and use up to 50% less energy with Philips award winning LED Pro! In the thin display backlight, over 1000 LEDs generate the brightest white as well as the deepest black. Combined with the powerful Perfect Pixel HD Engine, the result is a stunning picture with extreme contrast, sharpness and vibrant colours.
Enjoy films, pictures, infotainment and other online content directly on your TV wirelessly. Simply connect the TV to your wireless home network with the easy wizard. Navigate the apps using the TV remote control and select from the rich offer of apps.
Control your TV in the easiest and most convenient way. Just connect a wireless keyboard or use your smart phone or tablet to control your Smart TV.
Record live digital TV on a USB connected to your Philips TV or pause content whenever you want to take a break and continue watching whenever you want. Use the Electronic Programme Guide to find your favourite programmes and easily schedule your preferred recordings. Now you can programme your TV viewing around your life.
Share photos, music and movies through DLNA from your smartphone, tablet or computer and enjoy them on the big screen.
1200 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action films. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, Perfect Natural Motion and unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness
* 3D TV requires Accessory PTA516 (Active shutter glasses), a 3D compatible source device and 3D source material.
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services available in your country.
* Wi-Fi Media connect: The playback of video can be affected by your PC speed and Wi-Fi bandwidth. For minimum and recommended system requirements go to www.philips.com/wifimediaconnect. Displays content with a delay of some seconds. Small differences between image and sound can occur.
* Parents should monitor their children during 3D viewing and ensure they do not experience any discomfort as mentioned above. Watching 3D is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as their visual system is not fully developed yet.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscription are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* 8 days EPG, service not available in all countries
* USB recording is only possible for digital channels covered by the TV IP bases Electronic Programme Guide (country and channel restrictions may apply); recordings may be limited by broadcast copy protection (CI+). An Internet connection is required.
* Energy consumption in kWh per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
* This television contains lead only in certain parts or components where no technology alternatives exist in accordance with existing exemption clauses under the RoHS Directive.