- Having warmed the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook on a low heat until soft. This will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée until all of the onion is coated.
- Now add the tomatoes and sprinkle in some salt and pepper.
- Stew the mixture for around 10 minutes, releasing all the tomato juices.
- Gently pour in the stock, stirring as you go.
- Reduce the heat and cook for around 25 minutes, with the lid on the pan.
- Finally, transfer your mixture into a blender.
If you have a soup maker, such as this one from Philips
, try this perfectly textured creamy tomato soup recipe, made to serve four people:
- Roast your tomatoes in an ovenproof dish at 200°C for 25 minutes.
- Place your roasted tomatoes, sugar, and veggie stock (and your chopped onions, sliced carrots, or crushed garlic – if you added them) into your soup maker.
- Select the ‘puree soup’ setting on your soup maker and leave it for 18 minutes.
- When the soup is ready, open the lid and pour into four bowls.
And there you have it, soup that’s ready to enjoy at a moment’s notice.
Wondering ‘how do you make tomato soup even more comforting?’ It’s simple – pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich to dip in your soup. Why not even make your own easy, hearty, homemade bread to use in your sandwich?