Black beans are low in cholesterol† - but full of flavour – which means creating a fresh, vegetarian black bean soup is an ideal, healthy choice. Mix them with garlic, tomatoes, and a few spices to create a perfect speedy lunch or dinner.
- 3 cans of black beans (make sure you keep the liquid)
- 1 can sweetcorn (with liquid)
- 500g of tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 50g onions (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 350ml vegetable stock (optional)
- A few chilli flakes
- Cilantro to serve
- Add the minced onions and garlic to a large saucepan with a dash of oil. Sauté until golden.
- Add the cumin, chilli and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes longer.
- Next, add the beans and sweetcorn with all the liquid from the cans. Cook over a high heat until it starts to bubble.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir every now and then. If you need more liquid, slowly add the vegetable stock.
When serving, sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.
Tip: If you’re busy, why not try Phillips Soup Maker? Simply chop and add the ingredients and let them cook away for 18 minutes in the soup maker – no need for all additional pots and pans! Only Philips Soup Maker heats and blends – all in one.
For homemade soup for any type of weather, why not try our ideas for winter soups? Alternatively, try the following vegetarian bean soup recipes: