Can you really make healthy grill recipes? Everything you need to know about grilling
So, is grilled food healthy? Generally speaking, the answer is: yes. When done in the right way, grilling is a good cooking method to achieve a balanced and healthy diet. But it does require a certain set of rules to achieve optimum tasting, nutritional foods.
- Choose lean meat over processed meats. Try and avoid meats such as sausages or burgers, as they often contain lots of fat, salt, and additives.
- Instead of buying pre-marinated meat, prepare a homemade, healthy marinade. You’ll find some tasty recipe ideas below.
- Try grilling a tasty fish or crunchy vegetables more often. These are a great alternative to meat.
- Avoid burning the meat. While experts are unsure about the effects of acrylamide in humans (a substance produced naturally in foods due to high-temperature cooking), they do recommend that we reduce the levels of acrylamide in foods.†
- Consider using smoke-less appliances, such as an indoor grill or an air fryer. These allow you to enjoy evenly browned food that stays tender without burning.
By following these rules and considering alternative technologies, creating healthy grill recipes can be a delicious way to cook healthy food.