What to do if an issue with one or more channels occurs? [DVB-C signal]
One of the following occurs with DVB-C channels:
• One or more channels are missing
• No channels are found
• Error message “No signal” appears when a channel is selected
• The picture shown is blurry or has cubes of pixels (macro-blocks)
• The sound drops
• It takes a long time to switch channels
• A black screen is shown, the picture and sound are not visible
• A coloured screen is shown when switching channels
• channels are installed on the TV (no set-top box is used)
• the source “Watch TV” is selected • The TV has been updated with the latest software
The internal tuner of the TV stores the channel list that is provided by the broadcaster (TV channel provider) via the DVB-signal (cable, terrestrial). A list of channels is delivered on a unique frequency within the signal.
When TV channels via a DVB-C signal (Terrestrial/ Antenna) are installed on the TV, a consistent signal quality and signal strength are required to ensure that the TV to optimally show these channels.
1. Avoid signal loss
The broadcast signal can be weakened by external factors. Take the following precautions:
• Avoid the cable to pass close by electronic equipment. Electronic devices can cause interference of the signal.
• Use a shielded cable to avoid signal loss.
• Connect the antenna cable from the entry point in the house directly to the TV. If a direct signal (without the use of splitters, a recorder or set-top box) is stronger and/or of a higher quality, the signal loss was caused by external equipment.
If the TV has an issue finding channels or showing broadcasted channels/programs, ensure the following:
2. Measure the incoming DVB-C signal
A strong and consistent broadcast signal will enable the TV to show broadcasts flawlessly.
Note : The higher the signal strength and signal quality, the less likely it is to experience picture and sound issues.
Multiple measurements are recommended to verify if the incoming signal is on a consistent level.
● Select the channel on which an issue occurs
● When on a TV channel, press the “OPTIONS” button on the Philips remote control. For Android TVs select: [Preferences] > [Channel Info]
For all other models, select: [Channel Info]
The signal quality and signal strength of the incoming signal for that specific channel is shown.
3. Missing channels or issues on specific channels
If channels are missing or an issue occurs on specific channels, update the channel list as follows:
Update the channels (Option 1)
• Press the “Home” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [Setup] > [Search for channels] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [All settings] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control and select: [All settings] > [Channels] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Update Channels]
If the issue is not resolved after the channels are updated, re-install the channels as follows:
Reinstall the channels (Option 2)
Remove the CI+ module from the TV’s CAM port (if applicable).
• To re-install DVB-C channels:
Press “Home” on the remote control of the television and select:
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [All settings] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control and select: [All settings] > [Channels] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Start]
If applicable, place the CI+ CAM module back into the TV after the channels are installed.
*TV menu item names can have minor differences.
Contact the provider to verify if: • the incoming signal can be improved • the frequency and/or network ID of the DVB-C channels are changed. • the channel will no longer be broadcasted • the channel was relocated within the channel list
How to proceed if the signal strength and quality cannot be improved?
If the signal is not consistently strong, the following settings can be adjusted to prevent channel loss:
1. Disable the automatic channel update.
• Press the “Home” button on the remote control of the television and select:
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.