What to do when a software update fails on Philips TV?
Updated on 2019-02-25
After a software update has been initiated on the TV, the update stops and an error message is prompted, stating the software update could not be completed (the text on the message itself may vary, depending on the TV model) or a software update needs 1,5 hours.
Make sure that:
• The software of the TV is outdated and needs to be updated
Try the following to re-initiate the software update
1. Start the update again
• Unplug all connected devices from the TV
• Unplug the TVs power cord for around 1 minute and plug it back in
• Restart the TV
• Initiate the update again
2. Update via USB
• Test another USB flash drive
• If possible, update the TV via the internet by following these steps:
For non-Android TVs:
Press the “Home” button and select:
[Settings] > [Software Update] > [From network]
For Android TVs:
Press the “Setings” button on the remote control of the TV and select:
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.