Steamed nut cake | Philips Chef Recipes
This delicious recipe is just as good for breakfast as it is for a perfect afternoon snack.
Servings: 4 persons, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams of icing sugar
- 100 grams of ground hazelnuts
- 50 grams of fine breadcrumbs
- Whisk the egg whites with the icing sugar until very stiff.
- Gently fold in the egg yolks, ground hazelnuts, fine breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon of rum.
- Grease and dust ramekins (or a muffin pan for the oven) with breadcrumbs and steam in the HomeCooker at 175°C for about 20 minutes (with 250 ml of water in the pan).
- For a perfect result, cover the muffin pan with aluminium foil.
- Chef’s tip: Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or crème fraiche.