What to do if an issue with one or more channels occurs? [DVB-T signal]
One of the following occurs with DVB-T (Terrestrial TV Aerial) channels:
• One or more channels are missing
• No channels are found
• The picture is blurry or has cubes of pixels (macro-blocks)
• The sound drops
• It takes a long time to switch channels (the picture loads slowly)
• A coloured screen is shown when switching channels
• Interactive services (HbbTV) are not fully functional
• A black screen is shown, the picture and sound are not visible
• channels are installed on the TV
• the source “Watch TV” is selected • The TV has been updated with the latest software
The internal tuner of the TV stores the channel list that is provided by the broadcaster (TV channel provider) via the DVB-signal (cable, terrestrial). A list of channels is delivered on a unique frequency for that region.
When TV channels via a DVB-T signal (Terrestrial/ Antenna) are installed on the TV, a consistent signal quality and signal strength are required to ensure that the TV optimally shows these channels.
1. Avoid signal loss
The broadcast signal can be weakened by external factors. Take the following precautions:
• Avoid the cable to pass close by electronic equipment. Electronic devices can cause interference of the signal.
• Use a shielded cable to avoid signal loss.
• Connect the antenna cable from the entry point in the house directly to the TV. If a direct signal (without the use of splitters, a recorder or set-top box) is stronger and of a higher quality, the signal loss was caused by external equipment.
Antenna signal reception
• An indoor antenna can be the solution for signal issues.
• For certain regions, a roof antenna can be the solution for signal issues.
• An active antenna with internal amplifier will strengthen the signal.
• A direct connection between the antenna reception and the TV (without the signal being passed-through a separate device) will give the least space for signal loss.
Note: Antennas that rely on the TV to provide a 5V power supply cannot be used in combination with the Philips TV.
2. Measure the incoming DVB-T signal
A strong and constant broadcast signal will enable the TV to show broadcasts flawlessly.
Note : multiple measurements are recommended to verify if the incoming signal is at a constant level.
Signal strength: a 40 - 50% minimum signal strength is required for the TV to correctly process the incoming signal.
Signal quality: a 40 - 50% minimum signal quality is required for the TV to correctly process the incoming signal
● Select the channel on which an issue occurs
● When on a TV channel, press the “OPTIONS” button, or on the Philips remote control. For Android TVs select: [Preferences] > [Channel Info]
For all other models, select: [Channel Info]
The signal quality and signal strength of the incoming signal for that specific channel is shown.
3. Missing channels or issues on specific channels
If channels are missing or an issue occurs on specific channels, update the channel list as follows:
Update the channels (Option 1)
• Press the “Home” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [Setup] > [Search for channels] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [All settings] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Update channels] > [Start]
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control and select: [All settings] > [Channels] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Search for Channels] > [Update Channels]
Reinstall the channels (Option 2)
Remove the CI+ module from the TV’s CAM port (if applicable).
• To re-install DVB-T channels
Press “Home” on the remote control of the TV and select:
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control of the TV and select: [All settings] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Channel update message] > [OFF] Or Press the “Settings” button on the remote control and select: [All settings] > [Channels] > [Antenna/Cable Installation] > [Channel update message] > [OFF]
Note: For a long-term solution we recommend to improve the DVB signal and enable the automatic channel update again. Please check the terrestrial TV Aerial, transmitter and other signal reception equipment to improve the signal.
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.