Chocolate fondue | Philips Chef Recipes
A fast and favorite dessert - the perfect dipping food.
Servings: 4 persons, Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 400 grams of dark chocolate (chips or roughly chopped)
- 250 millilitre of cream
- A pinch of salt
- Things to dip, like strawberrie
- Dip banana pieces cut into 1-inch chunks
- Dip some dried apricots
- Some candied ginger
- Some apple pieces
- Warm the cream for 4 minutes at 90°C then add the chocolate and set the timer to 5 minutes at 40°C.
- Immediately transfer to a fondue pan heated at low or with a low flame, or serve straight in the HomeCooker.
- Arrange the dippers on a platter or plates around the HomeCooker. Use a fondue fork, bamboo skewer, seafood fork or salad fork to dip the fruit pieces and other dippers into the hot melted cream chocolate mixture.
- Keep the chocolate warm at 40°C
- Chef’s tip: 1. Add a tablespoon or two of Bailey's Irish Cream to the chocolate. Other liquors such as Grand Marnier, Amaretto, or Kirsch are equally yummy.2. The contents of a vanilla pod or some vanilla extract are always a decadent touch to chocolate.3. A good pinch of espresso powder can do wonders!4. Steep the cream for an hour beforehand. Then, while heating, add lemongrass to white chocolate or a bag of Earl Grey tea to dark chocolate to make gorgeous melted chocolate.