Sticky pot-roast beets | Philips Chef Recipes
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 1 kilogram small beetroots (a mixture of colours if available)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Start by preparing the beetroots. Scrub them clean, leaving a small bit of the stalk attached if they have them. Cut them into quarters and place in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add the thyme and bay, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Make sure the stirrer attachment is in place in theHomeCooker pan, then set the temperature to 250°C. Once the pan has heated up, add the beetroots, put the lid on and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When the time’s up, finely grate in the orange zest and add a good squeeze of juice and the balsamic. Set the timer for a further 30 minutes, so the beets get lovely and sticky. Spoon onto a serving plate and tuck in. Perfect with roast meats and fish.