How to make garlic and herb butter: the ingredients
This garlic and herb butter recipe is super simple, with just a few ingredients and five easy steps.
You will need:
- 250g softened butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 tablespoons mixed herbs
- Cling film
To make your homemade garlic butter recipe vegan-friendly, switch out the softened butter for a dairy-free alternative, such as coconut, vegetable, olive oil, or dairy-free butter or margarine. The same substitution list applies whether you’re making herb butter, or a garlic-herb combo.
- Beat the softened butter. Use an electric mixer to soften your butter until it reaches a fluffy consistency.
- Crush the garlic. Chop it up as small as you can, then crush with a garlic crush or simply use the side of your knife.
- Mix all your ingredients together. Blend your ingredients to a smooth, creamy consistency. To turn this garlic and herb butter recipe into a homemade garlic butter recipe, leave out the herbs. To make it a herb butter recipe, leave out the garlic. For a quick and easy method to mix all the ingredients into a smoothly-combined butter, use a hand blender.
- Use cling film to roll and mould your butter into a log. Alternatively place it into a small bowl.
- Chill your butter. You can keep your herb and garlic butter in the fridge for up to two weeks (if it lasts that long!)